Solve Skin Care Woes with Khus Khus
Khus Khus, or poppy seeds, are harvested from the poppy flower. The origin of the plant can be traced back to Western Mediterranean region of Europe. The plant is now native to India and is widely grown in the northern states of the country.
Khus Khus is commonly used for cooking in Indian kitchens. The paste from the seeds is used to make a variety of curries. While the uses of Khus Khus in the kitchen are plenty, it is also a great remedy for several skin ailments. Here are a few ways how Khus Khus can help treat skin problems.
- The high content of linoleic acid in Khus Khus helps treat skin conditions like eczema. Applying a paste made out of the seeds prevents skin irritation and itching.
- Khus Khus acts as a natural exfoliator. Using a scrub made out of the paste of Khus Khus mixed with yogurt helps in getting rid of dead skin and blackheads.
- Khus Khus is a great moisturizer. It is a great solution for dry skin as regularly using the seeds nourishes the skin.
- Enriched with multiple vitamins and minerals like calcium and zinc, Khus Khus helps keep skin clear and blemish-free. The high levels of antioxidants and linoleic acid in Khus Khus also help keep the skin fresh and give it a natural glow.
- Khus Khus acts a coolant and keeps the body cool and fresh. It also helps in controlling excessive sweating and keeps the body dry.
These properties of Khus Khus make it an excellent ingredient to use in skin care products. For example, baby powders containing Khus Khus are ideal to use during summer to help manage sweating. Taking care of your skin is a key part of your overall physical well-being. Healthy and nourished skin is happy skin!