Herbs You Need to Look for When Choosing Baby Products
As a parent, your little one’s health and well-being is your first priority. You want to provide the best care and choose the best products for your baby. Be it a shampoo or a soap for baby’s delicate skin, parents prefer natural products that are pure, gentle, safe, and free from harmful chemicals such as parabens, SLS, and mineral oils.
Baby’s skin is naturally hydrated and moist, and natural products provide gentle care to preserve the softness of baby’s skin. Most herbal baby care products are based on the Ayurvedic discipline of baby care known as KaumaraBhritya, which recommends the use of herbs and herbal compositions.
Herbs take care of baby’s holistic wellness. Each herb has different properties and skin benefits. Right from the massage oil you use every day to the wipes you use every hour, below are the natural ingredients that can provide trusted care for your baby.
- Hibiscus: Baby’s scalp is soft and sensitive. Her hair is extremely fine and vulnerable to damage like cradle cap and hair fall. Using a shampoo that is enriched with natural ingredients like Hibiscus and Chickpea helps in nourishing the fine hair shaft with nutrients. It also gently conditions to soften your baby’s hair.
- Almond Oil: Baby’s skin is extremely sensitive and prone to moisture loss. Almond Oil based soaps provide mild care to keep your baby’s skin nourished. Along with being naturally rich in emollients, Almond Oil also contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, which help in keeping baby’s skin soft and supple.
- Olive Oil: Olive Oil is known to make baby’s skin smooth, shiny, and healthy. Enriched with healthy fats, phenolic antioxidants, Vitamin E, squalene, and oleic acids, using a massage oil with Olive Oil helps improve skin tone while promoting bone and muscle health.
- Aloe Vera: Baby’s sensitive skin can get irritated from contact with soiled diapers. A natural diaper rash cream or diapers with ingredients like natural Zinc and Aloe Vera gel can provide quick relief and also soothe baby’s itchy skin. With its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera moisturizes the skin while accelerating skin healing.
- Chickpea and Green Gram: In India, natural ingredients like Chickpea and Green Gram powder have been traditionally used to gently cleanse baby’s body. Using a baby bath containing these natural ingredients helps improve baby’s skin texture and complexion while providing moisture.
- Lavender: Lavender Oil is the best way to soothe your baby’s skin while helping calm and relax her mood. Using wipes that are infused with herbs like Lavender, Aloe Vera, and Almond Oil help clean baby’s skin while moisturizing and keeping it soft and supple.
Give your baby the best possible start with the gentle care and protection of natural ingredient-based baby care products.