Taking Care of Baby's Laundry
Washing and cleaning a baby's clothes is a tedious task and requires careful handling. You need to be sure to thoroughly disinfect the clothes before re-using, as improper cleaning can lead to skin infections or diaper rashes. Avoid using excessive detergent as that too could irritate your baby's skin. Use an appropriate amount of cleanser and rinse the clothes thoroughly.
Steps for Hand Washing Baby's Laundry
- Keep separate bucketfuls of water with sterilized solution for soiled and urine-soaked diapers.
- Rinse the urine-soaked diapers under running tap water.
- Cleanse the soiled diapers of the excrement in the toilet bowl.
- Immerse the diapers in different buckets of sterilizing solution and soak them for a couple of hours.
- Take out the diapers and wash them separately with hot water. Rinse thoroughly before drying.
- If you use plastic pants for your baby, wash them in a separate tub of warm water using a mild detergent. Rinse well and dry.