How to Choose the Right Skin Care Products for your Baby
Every mother wants nothing but the best for her baby. It might seem difficult to select the right baby products since you are still figuring out what works best for your baby. Since baby’s requirements keep changing as she grows, even a simple decision such as choosing the right skin care products can be confusing.
In the first few months, since baby’s sensitive skin can lose moisture at a rapid pace, she requires creams and lotions that help lock in this moisture, and shampoos and body cleansers that are gentle on her skin. Caring for your little one means paying attention to the little things. Being well informed is the first step towards making confident choices for your baby.
Some ingredients in baby skin care products can be harsh on your infant’s delicate and sensitive skin. Going natural is the safest and best bet for your little one. The next time you set out to pick a product, here’s a list of natural ingredients you should look for on the label.
- Aloe Vera: A wonder herb with 96% water content and Vitamins A, B, C and E, the gel possesses anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and cooling properties. It is effective in treating eczema and dry skin conditions.
- Sesame Oil: One of the most popular ingredients in baby massage oils, Sesame Oil, with its high absorbency and antibacterial properties, is ideal for baby’s sensitive skin.
- Khus Grass or Vetiver: This cool herb has soothing, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiperspirant properties which cool and refresh the skin.
- Almond Oil: A rich source of Vitamin E that nourishes skin, Almond Oil is a natural emollient and skin moisturizer which can effectively hydrate dry skin.
- Neem: An all-in-one herb, Neem has antibacterial, antiparasitic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
The goodness of nature is packed in every Himalaya BabyCare product. Free from Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) and parabens, Himalaya’s soaps and shampoos offer gentle care for baby’s sensitive skin. So, the next time you are evaluating which product to pick for your baby, choose the gentle and healing touch of an herbal product!