Colostrum – The First Step to your Baby’s Well-being
There is no food for your newborn equal to breast milk which is packed with all the necessary nutrients that are required for baby’s development and immune system. Breast milk produced in the early days after birth is known as colostrum and greatly benefits baby. From a clear liquid to a thick, creamy, golden fluid, colostrum may appear in different forms.
Colostrum offers many benefits for your baby’s wellness.
- It is high in nutrients like Zinc, Calcium and Vitamins A, B6 and B12, which are essential for baby’s overall growth and development.
- Colostrum helps baby pass his early stools, getting rid of excess bilirubin thus preventing jaundice.
- Colostrum works as a 100% natural and safe vaccine for your baby as it contains antibodies in large quantities which help fight common diseases and infections.
- It is high in cholesterol and helps in building baby’s nervous system.
- A newborn's digestive system is very small and still developing, with colostrum being the perfect food as it is easy to digest and packed with essential nutrients. When a baby is fed colostrum, it helps his digestive system prepare for mature breast milk.
Learn more about the health benefits of colostrum and mother's milk by consulting your pediatrician. A healthy baby is a happy baby!