8 Reasons Why Olive Oil is Great for Your Baby
Olive Oil has become a staple kitchen ingredient over the last few decades. It is rich in fats and nutrients and has replaced regular cooking oil as a healthier option. The oil is extracted from whole Olive fruits found in traditional tree crops that grow in the Mediterranean region. Olive Oil was referred to as “Liquid Gold” by the author Homer in ancient Greece.
However, this oil is more than just a kitchen product. It has been used for its health and beauty benefits since ancient times. Olive Oil is amongst one of the few oils that is safe for both adults and babies. This nutrient-rich oil is very beneficial for your baby.
Check out these facts to learn why Olive Oil is a great option for babies:
- Olive Oil is packed with the goodness of saturated fats and Vitamin E. A natural antioxidant, Vitamin E helps maintain skin luster. It also helps promote overall muscle and bone health.
- It acts as a natural moisturizer. Olive Oil helps keep your baby’s skin soft and smooth. It has regeneration properties that help keep the skin toned and free of damage.
- Olive Oil works great as a diaper rash remedy. Rubbing some oil in the rash area provides immediate relief.
- Olive Oil hydrates and nourishes your baby’s scalp. It is usually used to treat cradle cap, a form of dandruff found on a baby’s head post-birth.
- Regular massages with Olive Oil regulate blood flow in the body and soothe your baby. Its calming property makes it a great sleep inducer. Swap your regular massage oil for Himalaya Baby Massage Oil, a mild massage oil packed with the goodness of Olive Oil.
- Olive Oil is rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 acids, which help promote nerve fiber and brain development.
- Olive Oil is an excellent cooking oil because of its high nutritional value. It is recommended to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil in limited quantity (1/4 tsp) in your baby’s food after the first six months.
- Olive Oil helps promote nail health. It softens and strengthens your baby’s cuticles.
Your baby’s soft and supple skin requires a lot of care and protection. Using a natural oil like Olive Oil will help you take care of your baby’s health as well as pamper her. The many benefits of Olive Oil are such that it will also help promote your baby’s overall growth, wellness, and happiness.