8 Amazing Facts About Sesame Oil
- Sesame Oil or ‘til ka tel’ has been used by communities in India since ancient times. Extracted from Sesame seeds, this oil has deep roots in Ayurveda and its practices. Enriched with antibacterial properties and antioxidants, the oil has been used in medicinal and holistic treatments.
- Sesame is considered one of the world’s oldest plants for its use as an oil. The first plants were found in the mainland of the African continent. Since then, Sesame has been grown in countries like Egypt, China, and India.
- Sesame Oil is used as a common household cooking oil in Asian countries as well as in South India.
- Sesame Oil is high in copper, magnesium, calcium, and zinc. It helps with bone growth and improves bone density.
- Sesame Oil is packed with antiaging properties. It helps fight the early signs of aging and in the regeneration of healthy skin. It is said that in ancient India, Sesame Oil was used to increase longevity.
- Sesame Oil is a great remedy for hair and skin ailments. The oil contains Vitamins B and E which are excellent for hair growth and nourishment. Massaging hair with Sesame Oil helps increase blood circulation in the scalp and nourishes heat-damaged hair. Sesame also acts as a natural SPF when applied on the skin.
- Sesame was commonly used in Ayurveda during Abhyanga, a traditional warm Ayurvedic massage. Sesame Oil has warming properties and the ability to seep deep into the skin because of its high viscosity. This is the reason why Sesame Oil is used as a base oil for many massage oils.
- Sesame Oil is enriched with vitamins and minerals. It helps tone the skin and keeps it strong and firm. For new mothers, oil massages are an essential part of post-natal care. Massages help in blood circulation and relieving stress. Sesame Oil absorbs easily and leaves the skin glowing and healthy.
Post-delivery, a mother’s body requires the utmost care for recovery, with massages playing an integral part. Because of its benefits, Sesame Oil is a key ingredient to have in a massage oil. Look for a massage oil that has the goodness of herbal ingredients. Using an oil like Himalaya Toning Massage Oil for daily massages will help enhance the body’s muscle strength and flexibility and support the overall nourishment and wellness needs of a new mother.